The EPFO website makes it clear that “To attest and forward claims online, the employers are required to register Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) with EPFO. Digital Signature Certificate of class 2 and class 3 category issued by a licensed Certifying Authority (CA)needs to be registered for the purpose.”
However, uploading the Digital Signature is a bit lengthy but quite easy and following the below-mentioned steps will lead you to the same.
Log in to the EPF online web portal
- Once logged in, click on Establishment tab and from the drop-down menu select Digital Signature
- Once you click it, the Digital Signature Registration Page will pop up
- Fill in the required details and from Type of Registration select ‘Sign with USB token’ and hit submit
- In the next page, the dialogue box will show an activate Java
- Click it and tap on ‘allow and remember’
- The processing will start and may take some time
- A pop up will show where it will as if Java needs to be activated or not.
- Choose the ‘run’ tab
- The next window will ask you to register to your particular DSC
- Once you click register DSC, type in the pin received
- After successfully registering it, it will show a dialogue box, confirming you about the same
- Now go back to Establishment and then tap Digital Signature again
- A bar will show ‘view registered signature’
- Tapping it will open your registered details.
Then tap on ‘request letter’ and download the pdf file. .Read more>>